Wolfe's South Bend Auto Auction
25784 Western Avenue
South Bend, IN 46619
Sale Every Wednesday
1. All cars purchased must be arbitrated within one hour of time sold.
2. Ride and Drive Guarantee must have $200.00 worth of repair to any one non-visible item to be
3. Auction Guarantee covers engine, transmission (including clutch and torque converter), rear
end and front end (front drive and four-wheel drive), no universal or CV joints, and no slack in
4. AS IS units sold cannot be rejected for a defect. You own the unit. All cars selling for $1500.00
or less are automatically “AS IS.”
5. The seller is responsible for declaration of miles on all units 9 years old and newer. All units 10
years and older are sold Exempt unless seller provides actual mile documentation. Federal law
requires no odometer disclosure on vehicles 10 years or older. The Auction will not arbitrate on
vehicles 10 years or older because of mileage. The auction does not warranty or guarantee
odometer readings or odometer statements.
6. No vehicle can be arbitrated for smoking, brakes, cracked windshield, noisy lifters, visible
defects, or noisy air compressor (including if the belt is off the compressor).
7. Current year models with paint and body repair and / or vehicles guaranteed to have no paint
work must be announced or is cause for rejection, day of sale only.
8. Frame damage is returnable only on current models and six years back. No returns after seven
days. This rule does not apply to vehicles sold “AS-IS.”
9. Vehicles sold with alteration of pollution systems can be arbitrated within one hour if not
announced. If sold “AS IS” this rule does not apply.
10. Police cars and Taxicabs and Grey-market cars must be announced or is cause for being
returned. No returns after 60 days.
11. Manufacturer’s Warranty- The auction will not become involved with Manufacturer’s warranty
regardless of year model.
12. Dealers are responsible for any cars they are test-driving.
13. All dealers buying or selling must be registered through the office and are required to use
Buyers Card and have a visible Bidders Badge in the auction lanes.
14. Dealers must announce title attached vehicles at the time of sale and produce a reassignable
title to the office within 22 days of date vehicle is sold, or buyer has the option of returning the
vehicle. Buyers do not sell or spend money on TA vehicles until the title is received. The
auction will not be responsible for any expenses for return of TA vehicles. After the 22nd day,
if the buyer elects not to return the vehicle immediately, whichever arrives at the auction first,
either the vehicle or the title will take precedence. The seller will be charged a $25 TA fee if
the title is not received within 22 days. No Exceptions.
15. There will be Absolutely No Outside Sales. All cars must run across the block and all
transactions must clear through the office. Disregard of this rule is grounds for termination of
16. No vehicle will sell without proper vehicle identification plate.
17. Stolen vehicles are settled at 2% per month depreciation on original purchase price.
18. Dealers are asked not to remove keys from any car on the consignment lot.
19. Vehicles left on lot must be re-registered for the next week’s sale or be picked up within 3
days or the auction assumes no responsibility for vehicles left over 3 days. This Auction
assumes no responsibility for vehicle damage on property that was not done by an auction
employee, for any items or accessories missing from your vehicle while on these premises, or
for fire, theft or any other damage to vehicles caused by an act of God.
20. The Auction does not guarantee model years or condition of boats, motorcycles, recreational
vehicles, dune buggies, kit cars, and other misc. vehicles. All of the aforementioned are sold
AS IS. No exceptions.
21. On vehicles returned for any reason, the seller is responsible for all related auction fees. On
vehicles returned due to misrepresentation by seller, the seller will be responsible for all
auction fees and reasonable transportation.
22. All Canadian Vehicles that have had an odometer conversion must be announced “Canadian
Vehicle” or is cause for return (7 Days from the time of sale only).
23. Any brands on titles must be announced or is cause for return. Brands include salvage,
rebuilt, manufacturer buyback, or lemon. Previous brands that are clean titles now must also
24. Any vehicle being sold with a Salvage Title, Rebuilt Title or reported by Auto Check with Major
Damage History will not be considered to be a rejectable or returnable item for Frame
Damage. (Buy it to have possible frame damage).
25. This auction provides AutoCheck as a free service to our dealers and any announcements in
AutoCheck that are not a brand on a title will only be announced on current year models and
six(6) years back. This auction is not responsible for any discrepancies from other data
26. The sales at this auction are intended to promote fair and ethical treatment to both the Buyer
and Seller. If the auction determines that the transaction is not fair and ethical to either party,
the Seller and Buyer agree that the auction may cancel the sale, at its sole discretion.
27. All cars must be paid for by the end of sale day unless approved by management. No
Exceptions. A $50 fee will be assessed if the vehicle is not paid for by this time or the auction
is not notified of the dealer using a Floor Plan Company
28. If a dealer is denied availability by a Floor Plan Company, the dealer is still responsible for
29. No Buy-Back fee if 5 or more vehicles are consigned. Anything less than 5 vehicles will be
charged a $10.00 Buy-Back Fee per No Sale.
30. Any number cancelled after 2 p.m. Tuesday will receive a $20.00 Unused Reserve Number